Hurt at Work
Client in his mid 30s from Lehighton, Pennsylvania worked as a maintenance person at an industrial center in Allentown. As a part of his job duties, he was directed to change the settings on a timer that regulated outside lighting. Unbeknownst to him, an electrical technician from an outside contractor had worked on the system shortly before and failed to replace the insulating cover.
When the client opened the panel to set the timer, he received a large electrical shock that entered his right hand and traveled up his right arm causing significant injury and nerve damage. After the accident, he was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital Center in Allentown. He suffered horrible pain and lost a portion of the use of his dominant hand and arm. He was unable to return to his job as a maintenance worker.
The client and his wife hired our law firm to represent them in a negligence claim against the electrical company that negligently failed to replace the protective cover. We also represented him in his workman’s compensation claim to make sure that his medical bills were paid and he received his wage loss benefits for the time that he was out of work. We began a lawsuit against the company who failed to properly replace the insulated cover thus causing the client a very serious and permanent injury.
The case was satisfactorily settled for a confidential amount prior to trial.